Equipment in LPMS
Mass spectrometer ultrafleXtreme (MALDI-TOF/TOF) from Bruker Daltonics
High resolution mass spectrometer ultrafleXtreme is the result of the latest technical developments in the field of MALDI-TOF/TOF mass spectrometry. This is the leading model with Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization (MALDI) ion source from Bruker Daltonics, offering great results in proteomic research, biomarker determination and MALDI imaging. This mass spectrometer is an ideal instrument in research in the following issues:
- identification of proteins from polyacrylamide gel (SDS-PAGE)
- identification and quantification of proteins by LC-MALDI (using isotope labeling methods, mainly iTRAQ, but also ICAT)
- advanced biomarker analysis
- tissue imaging using the MALDI to investigate the spatial distribution of various types of biologically active compounds in a tissue
- de novo sequencing of peptides
Proxeon EASY-nLC II (nano-LC) from Bruker Daltonics
Automatic nano-LC (Capillary High Performance Liquid Chromatography) system enabling chromatographic separations for complex biological samples, including two-dimensional liquid chromatography (2D-LC) analysis. This system can be used for sample preparation before measurements in the MALDI-TOF/TOF mass spectrometer. Routinely used in proteomic analyzes allowing identification of proteins and peptides.
Proteineer fc II fraction collector from Bruker Daltonics
The combination of capillary liquid chromatography (nano-LC) and MALDI-TOF/TOF mass spectrometry (LC-MALDI) is the technique most suitable for proteomic research, which includes protein profiling and identification. The mentioned fraction collector enables automated sample preparation for the integrated workflow of LC-MALDI from sample preparation to a final MALDI-TOF/TOF measurement.